Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Restauradores Square on December 1st

I took this photo at Restauradores Square in Lisbon, Portugal on December 1st, 2013. The photo shows the Monument to the Restorers (Portuguese: Monumento aos Restauradores) and a national flag of Portugal. A ceremony was held at that moment. I don't know much about history, but Restauradores Square is relate to memorization of the Portuguese Restoration War and the victory, and the war started on the same day of 1640, so the ceremony was for that, I believe. When a band was playing a music, a guy looked like in his mid-60s who was standing in front of me took off his beret hat and put it on again after the music. With that, I guessed that the music was supposed to be national anthem of Portugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment