Monday, June 10, 2013

Bring a sense of accomplishment

I took this photo in Pokhara, Nepal. The place is called World Peace Pagoda and the photo shows its brilliant-white stupa. I was not a tough woman and am still is, but that day a Nepali local asked me to climb a hill to see Pokhara from above and I climbed the hill. I couldn't find any information about the hill and stupa on my guidebook, so I wasn't sure I could do, but I tried. I just wanted to see Pokhara from above, also I didn't want to knock it until I've tried it. The stupa was exactly on the top of the hill. It was kinda hard to get there, but I was driven by a sense of accomplishment as you can imagine. The Nepali local chose different routes to climb up and climb down the hill. I recommend to climb the hill with a someone who knows the routes like the back of one's hand. Better be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment