Sunday, September 24, 2017

ยำวุ้นเส้นหมูสับ : Yum Woon Sen Moosap

The photo shows Yum Woon Sen Moosap (also spelled as:  Yam Wun Sen Moosap, Thai: ยำวุ้นเส้นหมูสับ) which I had at a restaurant on Central Pattaya Road in Pattaya, Thailand. Yum Woon Sen (Thai: ยำวุ้นเส้น) is kind of like a spicy Thai salad with a kind of Thai noodles. Moosap (Thai: หมูสับ) means minced pork. The Thai noodles, Woon Sen (Thai: วุ้นเส้น) looks like semi-transparent noodles, so it's often translated as Thai glass noodles. I thought the translation was just right, but when I said the word "glass noodles" to my English acquaintance, he said it sounded strange. Did it? Forgive me. Then I was told the other word to describe Woon Sen (Thai: วุ้นเส้น) in English, but I've forgotten. Totally. What would you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment