Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Port wine, Fado, and twilight view of Porto

I took this photo a few hours ago or so in Porto, Portugal. This evening, I visited a wine cellar in Gaia district and tasted a couple of glasses of 20-year-old Tawny Port Wine with fabulous Fado. It was my first time to listen to Fado in a live. Could you please paint a mental picture? So let say, you are in Port, Portugal where is the home of Port wine and are in one of the Port wine cellars in Gaia district. You have a glass of 20-year-old Tawny in your hand, and there is a stunning Fado singer right in front of you and she smiled at you... How impressive, right? After Fado, I returned to Ponte de D. Luis I (a.k.a . Dom Luis Bridge). Lucky for me, it was around twilight, so I could see this outstanding view from there. I really love Portugal. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment