Saturday, November 2, 2013

London Waterloo to Alton, Hampshire by train

On the 1st of November, I went to Alton, Hampshire as a half-day excursion from London, England. First of all, I took a tube: southbound Bakerloo line from Paddington to Waterloo to get to a National Rail station: London Waterloo. Next, I purchased a Standard Off-Peak Return ticket from a vending machine by a credit card, then checked the train information boards above. The platforms are shown 10 minutes before the departure, so a lot of passengers were looking up the boards in the station. I did the same. It was my first experience to take the National Rail in the UK. Alton is the terminal station of the Alton Line, South West Trains, so there weren't any concerns to get there. Just buy a ticket, take a train, and get out of the station. That's pretty simple, huh? My train departed London Waterloo at 10:53 and arrived in Alton at 12:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment