Monday, January 10, 2011

Golden Temple, Dambulla

When I went to Dambulla, Sri Lanka, I took a picture of Golden Temple. Dambulla is famous for its Rock Temples (a.k.a. Cave temples), but at the bottom of them there was a place like this. After visiting Kandy, I headed toward the north by a car and got into the cultural triangle. Dambulla and Sigiriya are not too far, so I was able to see the Sigiriya rock from the upper section of Dambulla and I took a photo of it. Come to think of it, I've been to another so-called a Rock Temple near Negombo. It's in Gampaha. I went there by tuk-tuk from Negombo. There was a huge rock and a Buddhist temple. I don't know it was an official name or not, but locals called the place as a Rock Temple. Really nice quiet place. I'd say the place looked like right in the middle of palm tree jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment