Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It took an hour and some change to get there

I took this photo in Alton, England, the United Kingdom. Last year, I stayed in London for a couple of weeks. Before I got there, my few English acquaintances gave me travel tips. Someone told me that London is in England of course, but it's a little different from many other cities and towns in the UK. I could imagine what he meant, and I wanted to see the differences. Then I visited two different towns during my two weeks. One of the towns was Alton. It's a cosy, quiet, and beautiful town which has good old typical British pubs. Alton is an hour and some change train ride from London Waterloo Station. The point is that the station is the terminal station of the Alton Line by South West Trains. Getting there was rather simple for a first-timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment