Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fried quail eggs, Bangkok, Thailand

The photo shows fried quail eggs (Thai: ไข่ดาวไข่นกกระทา). Trays full of fried quail eggs are often sold on street food stalls in Thailand and they are considered one of the popular inexpensive nibblies. When I took a stroll around a night market in Bangkok, Thailand, I found a stall which was cooking and selling trays full of fried quail eggs exactly like the photo shows. Someone told me that quail eggs are a delicacy, but I got used to have them, so I'd say they are kinda less exotic and are pretty normal to have. Basically, quail eggs are quite ubiquitous from my childhood, so eating boiled quail eggs and raw quail eggs are pretty normal to me, and also they are pretty common, but I don't often see a tray full of fried quail eggs, so it was so interesting to see them and I took a picture of it. Gastronomical feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment