Monday, June 28, 2010

Before dusk, after dusk

I can't swim. I'd like to, but I can't, so I go tropical beaches to be the laziest woman in the world. I just sit on a lounge chair, listen to sound of waves, feel a breeze, have some beer and local cuisine, and the most important thing is doing nothing. I've lain down on a beach at night to see a lot of stars. I remember that one night in Negombo, Sri Lanka. After dusk, I had a dinner with some beer and went down on the beach once again. Soon, I lay down on the beach. It was amazing. I saw that much stars for the first time in my life; I've lived whole life in cities. I'm no linguist, I admit, but I just can't believe star is a countable noun. Is that true? Right now I can count stars, because I'm in a small city, but any other places in the world, I really don't know. It's a kind of confusing for me. Does anyone have a convincing answer of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment