Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tropical fruits

During my time in Sri Lanka, I had king coconut (Sinhala: Thanbili) countless times. This big fruit has a full of fresh juice inside and it's so yummy. The juice looks like pristine clear water. It tastes like subtle sweet, smells like tropical island, and is not very thick kind of thing rather thin, but something generous. That's just my two cents. Vendors just cut off the top and make a hole. Sri Lankan locals are very good at drink straight from the hole, but for vacationers it's a bit hard to drink directly, so vendors prepare a lot of straws as well. Come to think of it, when I got the hives, I went to see a doctor. He gave me an injection, some medicines and asked to not forget drink Thanbili. My hives went away in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment