Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just veg out on the quiet beach

I was supposed to visit Colombo on my first night in Sri Lanka, but my flight was a red-eye. Then I recommended to go to Negombo first, because it's about 30 to 40 minutes drive away from Bandaranaike International Airport. In fact, Colombo is about one and a half hours away from the airport. I didn't know much about Negombo, but I decided to stay there for a couple of nights. I arrived a hotel around midnight. Very dark, very quiet and nobody on the road. Only thing I was able to hear was waves. Next morning, when I woke up late and opened the curtains, the scenery completely knocked me out. I didn't know, but the hotel was on the seashore, so the Indian Ocean was right in front of my eyes. Like the photo shows fishermen often go to the sea by their catamarans. Fish market was one of the must-see sights of Negombo. When I stay in a balcony or the beach, I felt breeze Monsoon wind all day long. As a result, I spent more than 90 days in Negombo.

No comments:

Post a Comment