Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's not interesting, it's extraordinary

The photo shows the ceiling of the Pantheon, Rome in Italy. I visited there after visited the bustling Trevi Fountain. An outside view of the Pantheon was also gorgeous, but inside of the Pantheon was truly intriguing. The ceiling of the dome has a big hole at the center and is an opening hole. The hole is called Oculus. I'm no linguist, but I've heard that Oculus is a Latin word and it's means eye in English. The naming explains a lot in a way. It's kind of like an open window, so when it's rain, the rain water fall to the floor of the Pantheon and the floor has drains to carry away the rain water. It's not interesting, it's extraordinary. When I was there, it was a beautiful sunny day, so I saw the bright sunlight filtered in through the opening circular window visionally. It was just fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment