Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ever-popular pad ka prao

Ever-popular Thai food named Pad ka prao kai (Thai: ผัดกะเพราไก่) can be eaten everything on a plate like the photo shows; put it on rice with an over well egg. In such case, it's called Pad ka prao kai rad khao khai dao (Thai: ผัดกะเพราไก่ราดข้าวไข่ดาว). Sometimes in English can be called stir-fried basil and chicken served with steamed rice and an over well egg or something like that. Pad (ผัด) means stir-fried, Ka prao (กะเพรา) means basil, Kai (ไก่) means chicken, Rad (ราด) means like put something on something, Khao (ข้าว) means steamed white rice, Khai dao (ไข่ดาว) means over well egg. I took this photo at a hotel's restaurant near Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. I'm gonna return to this hotel next month just before my flight to Copenhagen, Denmark. The hotel provides free transfer from and to the airport and it's convenient for me. I've stayed there twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment