Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hello again, small world.

I took this photo in my hotel room in Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka. The hotel was located in between People's Bank and HNB Bank in Hikkaduwa's touristic area along Galle Road. Banks, eateries, wine shops, roti shops, Ayurveda clinics, post office and so on were all within walking distance from the hotel. Plus, tuk-tuks were available nearby the hotel. My room was well swept and the fan on the ceiling was fantastic. It was really nice being under the fan after spending such a long time on the beach. The hotel's owner run a cute colourful souvenir shop on the ground floor. By the way, after Hikkaduwa, I moved to Unawatuna and spent 16 nights, and flew back to Bangkok, Thailand by Thai Airways Smile. When I picked up my luggage at a luggage claim area and started to walk toward a green gate of customs, someone talked to me like "Hey, do you remember me?" or something. The guy was the owner of the hotel in Hikkaduwa. He said he flew in Bangkok by Sri Lankan Airlines some time ago and just claimed his luggage. What a coincidence. What a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment