Friday, November 28, 2014

A push-button for traffic signal in Luxembourg

I took this photo in Luxembourg city, Luxembourg. There was a push-button signal in the street. The button said BITTE DRÜCKEN in German. Well, I just guessed it was written in German I must add that I couldn't read it. Speaking of German, one of my English acquaintances had told me that he studied German at school and he was a good learner. When he visited Germany for the first time, he was so excited to use his German with the locals. However, his dream was shattered when he bought his first hot dog. He spoke German to get a hot dog, but the vendor replied in English. He said the same thing happened again and again. He also said that all the Germans who he had met in Germany spoke very good English. He said he stopped keeping up his study after that. I want to learn a lot of languages as much as I can, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment