Saturday, November 15, 2014

Turn on the Lights in Amsterdam, Holland

I took this photo in Amsterdam, Holland on the 21st of November 2013. During the day, I saw a poster which was written in a language that I couldn't read. All I could read was just Dam and 19:00 and 21. Well, I guessed that something was going to happen in Dam Square at 19:00. At night, I got out of my hotel at 18:40 to visit Dam Square just in case. When I arrived there, the square was already packed like sardines. It raised my expectations for "something" in Dam Square at 19:00. After a while, I learned that the "something" was yearly special free event "Turn on the Lights". The event was held by a luxurious department store DE BIJENKORF. It was a magical show with gorgeous fireworks, a talk show, lights and everything. Also, Christmas Markets was unveiled on Damrak street. It was so much fun to be there. On the following day, I flew to Porto, Portugal. I was lucky I could see the Turn on the Lights event before I left Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment