Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I took this photo when I was walking along the Main river in Frankfurt am Main, Germany at dusk. I went to visit Romer Square and it was on the way to my hotel. I took in a lot of sights in a way and I was really happy to be there. Speaking of Germany, it was just a few days ago, I had an opportunity to talk with a German guy who is from Cologne. Cologne is famous for Cologne Cathedral. The cathedral is more than 150 meters high, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Several years ago, I went all the way there to see the cathedral, and I was in awe of it. However, he said Cologne Cathedral is nothing special for him. He got used to seeing it. He saw the cathedral many many many times, then the UNESCO World Heritage Site turned into one of the familiar sights. Is that so?

No comments:

Post a Comment