Sunday, April 17, 2011

That Luang

This is an outside view of That Luang in Vientiane, Laos. I went there by tuk-tuk. I caught the tuk-tuk near the Nam Phou (English: fountain) and negotiated the price for ride. I speak Thai and I speak a bit Lao, so according to him he gave me a special rate. I'm not sure. Anyway, I asked him take me to That Luang, Buddha Park (a.k.a. Wat Xieng Khuan) and then some where the places I thought that I couldn't go on foot. That Luang was very shiny exactly like the photo shows and I've heard that this temple is the most important place in Laos. Unfortunately, the weather was like this because of the rainy season. On the way from Buddha Park to the Nam Phou, we got a heavy squall, then the driver covered the tuk-tuk with blue plastic sheets. I took a photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment