Sunday, April 17, 2011

Off the beaten path

This is my third picture of Gampaha for this blog. Gampaha is one of my favorite places in Sri Lanka. I think it's off the beaten track and it's a little too hard to find the place by one's self, so you'd better ask a tuk-tuk driver in Negombo to take you to so-called "Rock Temple" in Gampaha. A tuk-tuk goes in a tropical jungle-like place for about 30 to 40 minutes or so, and then you'll reach to this beautiful place. There was a huge rock and I was able to climb the rock to the top. On the top of the rock, I felt cool Monsoon breeze and it was so nice. I took this picture from the rock. I was able to enjoy the view of the beautiful white Stupa and great scenery of Sri Lanka. From my point of view, Gampaha is located right in the middle of tropical jungle and I've never find any informations on my guidebooks, but I just want to say, it's worth going. Oh, before I forget, I drank Thambili (a.k.a. King coconut juice) on the road and it was so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment