Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A heartwarming hotel in Piazza Aspromonte

Normally, I make a hotel reservation through Bokking.com. My last trip to Italy was my first visit to Milan. I didn't know much about the lay of the land, transportation, hotel names, and all. I just browsed through Booking.com randomly, and went with my gut feeling to book a hotel room in Piazza Aspromonte. The hotel was named after the square, buy the way. It was a very nice, heartwarming hotel about everything. I've never felt bad in the hotel and was always happy to see radiant receptionists and was glad to have nice breakfast to start my days in Milan. To get to the hotel, I caught Malpensa Shuttle with free WiFi from the airport and got out of the bus at the last stop: Central Station. After that, I took Metro Green Line to Loreto. The hotel was just a five-minute walk from Loreto and was very easy to spot. I arrived in the hotel at zero dark thirty, but didn't have to worry about anything. Everywhere was absolutely safe. I couldn't get a bottle of water on the way to the hotel, but there was one with a glass in a fridge as a comp. It was really helpful. By the way, Piazza Aspromonte is an easy walk from Central Station. It'll take 15 minutes or so. If you don't have a map to do that, you can take one from brochure stand for free while you are waiting your luggage at the baggage claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment