Sunday, March 5, 2017

It was sort of like the butterfly effect, wasn't it?

I took this photo in my hotel room in Nakhon Ratchasima (a.k.a. Korat), Thailand. The hotel was located in the heart of Korat, near Statue of Tao Suranari. Since the hotel was located right in the middle of the heart of the city, it seemed very easy to eat out at restaurants, but things were different at that night. Nakhon Ratchasima was caught in a heavy tropical squall out of the blue, and I was like stuck in the hotel room for hours until I was getting a little too hungry. So I looked at the room service menu on the desk, and ordered Spicy Thai soup (a.k.a. Tom Yum, Thai: ต้มยำ) and some rice, of course with a bottle of Chang. The menu was completely written in Thai, but luckily I could read them. That Tom Yum tasted like heaven. Then after that, Tom Yum became my favourite Thai food.

No comments:

Post a Comment