Sunday, April 29, 2012

Give someone a crash course

I took this photo on a street toward Nam Phou in Vientiane, Laos. Nam Phou is a fountain which is located at the heart of Vientiane. You can see it in the center of the photo. I've been to Vientiane twice. On my first visit, after unpacked a suitcase, I got out of the hotel to find a place for lunch and also to see the Mekong River. I found a nice Laotian place near Nam Phou and had tasty Laab for lunch. I went there slightly different from other people's lunch time, so the wait staff members had time on their hands. I speak Lao and everybody showed an interest in foreign languages. After lunch, they started to ask me about things in Lao, then I gave them sort of a crash course using a pen, note and our oral communication skills. First of all, it started from a few people, in the end several people joined together. Hopefully it'll comes in handy some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment