Sunday, April 8, 2012

A sacred Bodhi tree in Lumbini, Nepal

The photo shows a sacred Bodhi tree in Lumbini, Nepal. Lumbini is known as the birthplace of the Buddha and is one of the Buddhist pilgrimage sites. Also, Lumbini is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I've visited the village in August 2003. It was the middle of extremely hot season, so I still remember that it was a boiling hot day. I spent a night in Lumbini. Before Lumbini, I spent a couple of nights in Chitwan National Park to go wild activities such as elephant safari, jungle safari, elephant bathing and such. After Lumbini, I spent more than a couple of weeks in Pokhara to see the Himalayas. Lumbini was totally different place from many other places in Nepal. I'd say visit Lumbini was sort of a sobering experience. Lumbini Garden was very quiet and beautiful place and was full of prayer flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment