Friday, July 29, 2016

A gateway to Northeastern Thailand

I took this photo in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand. The city is also known as Korat and is a gateway to Northeastern Thailand (a.k.a. Isan). One of my favorite cities in Thailand. Although it's a little far away from the capital Bangkok, I've been to Nakhon Ratchasima three times and spent almost a month in total. Normally, trains from Bangkok stop at Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station (Thai: สถานีรถไฟนครราชสีมา) first, and then stop at Thanon Chira Junction Railway Station (Thai:สถานีรถไฟชุมทางถนนจิระ) next. Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station is located at the Western tip of the city of Korat, and Thanon Chira Junction Railway Station is located closer to downtown Korat. I always use Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station, then take a took-tuk to my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment