Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Viewing Brunelleschi's dome from Piazzale Michelangelo

The photo shows beautiful landscape of Florence Italy. While I was overlooking the historical city from Piazzale Michelangelo, I took this photo. Piazzale Michelangelo is a square on a hill, so you can view the city from above and you can see a replica of Michelangelo's David as well. From there, you can take some photos of Florence Cathedral (a.k.a. Brunelleschi's dome) like this. My Italian acquaintance has told me a story that when Michelangelo went to Rome to design St. Peter's Basilica, Michelangelo said that he would build a bigger dome than Brunelleschi's dome, but it would not be more beautiful than that. My acquaintance is from Florence, and he loves to tell stories relative to his home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment