Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Get a second opinion

On the 10th, I caught a red eye flight from Colombo, Sri Lanka and flew in Bangkok, Thailand early in the morning. From Suvarnabhumi Airport Level 1 Gate 8, I took a bus and arrived in Pattaya. It took about a couple of hours, and cost 134THB. Then, I took a Songthaew to get to my hotel. Songthaew is like an open air mini van and is a well known share taxi here in Thailand. Right after dropped off my luggage at the lobby, I took a motorbike taxi to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (Thai: โรงพยาบาลกรุงเทพพัทยา) and underwent wound dressing. Long story short, There was a little hiccup at the end of my journey in Unawatuna, Sri Lanka. I fell down on a rough street and cut a little my right big toe. The largest cut was right under my big toenail. My doctor in Sri Lanka said he had to remove my big toenail right away, but I definitely didn't want to have that kind of delicate operation. I thought I needed to get a sort of second opinion or something like that, and decided to wait the time when I fly in Thailand. That was the reason my first destination in Pattaya turned into a hospital. My doctor in Pattaya said to have a wound dressing everyday and keep dry for another three to four days. After that, I can take a shower and everything. The photo shows antibacterial medical rinse and cream that I received in a paper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment