Friday, February 21, 2014

Make a comeback

This morning I took a tuk-tuk and moved to Unawatuna from Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka. It took about an hour and is really good to come back here and to be here after such a long time. I arrived in my hotel around noon and made a beeline to my favourite restaurant to have some arrival beer. I took this photo at my table while I was drinking bottles of Lion there. It was kinda little bit hard to find the restaurant, coz Unawatuna beach has been changed quite a lot. Now, it has long white sand beach again and has so many tourists. Congrats, Unawatuna, you've made a comeback. I'm glad to see it for the locals who live in this village. When I came here in November 2010, this area was almost eaten away by the Indian Ocean and I still remember a lot of stories that I've heard from the locals and their life and hard times. I know breakwater constructions or something similar ruined Mother Nature, say Coral Reef, but we have to battle wagainst Mother Nature sometimes. This kind of issue is something of a double-edged sword, but occasionally there's no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment