Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bangkok City Air Terminal

Bangkok's new Airport Link and its City Air Terminal was absolutely cool. I took Thai Airways International, so I was able to check-in at Makkasan (Thai: มักกะสัน) station which was located in the heart of Bangkok, adjacent to Phetchaburi (Thai: เพชรบุรี) station of MRT (a.k.a. Bangkok Metro). Makkasan station is 15 minutes away from the airport and is also known as City Air Terminal right now. I went there to check in for a flight without going to the airport for the first time. I had to see it with my own two eyes. First, I needed to buy a train ticket from Makkasan station to Suvarnabhumi (Thai: สุวรรณภูมิ) airport, then through a security check point. Next, I went to the check-in counter for Thai Airways International, then I checked in my suitcase and received my boarding pass at the station. I was the only passenger at the time, so it was definitely zero-waiting-time. In my personal experience, Makkasan station was the only place in the world that able to check in for a flight without going to the airport. Also at the station, I found flight schedule screens like the photo shows. Everything was streamlined and making it much less of a hassle to leave. I was able to headed for the airport with almost empty-handed. In addition at the airport, I didn't have to wait in a line anymore to check in for a flight, because I did it at the super cool City Air Terminal of Makkasan station, so I was turning a deaf ear on the bustling check-in counters at the airport and went to the departure passport control directly. After that, I had relaxing Thai Massage for an hour and had a Thai dinner with my favorite Singha beer at the airport. In the next morning at my destination, I found my suitcase at the baggage claim without any problems. I love Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment