Saturday, April 19, 2014

Serbian national dish: Pljeskavica

The photo shows very delicious meat dish which I had at a popular traditional restaurant in Zagreb, Croatia. The food was named Ljuta Leskovačka Pljeskavica and was translated as Spicy Leskovac Burger in English. Leskovac is a name of a city in Southern Serbia, so Ljuta Leskovačka Pljeskavica is like Serbian styled spicy meat patty. I had it with Butter Rice (Croatian: Riža na maslacu) and were match made in heaven. To be honest, even though Pljeskavica is national dish of Serbia and was translated in English, I didn't know anything about it. Also, I couldn't imagine what Spicy Leskovac Burger was. But, it was already 2013. I had my iPad mini and the restaurant offered free WiFi service. I googled Pljeskavica and saw a lot of mouth-watering images on the Internet before I ordered Pljeskavica. After taking my first bite, I became the biggest fan of Pljeskavica.

No comments:

Post a Comment