Sunday, April 13, 2014

Where am I, then?

I took this photo in Amsterdam, Holland. To get to know the lay of the land of Amsterdam, it took about a few more days for me. I mean after staying for a few more days, I could walk around the city without a map, but before I got used to the city and its view, I just couldn't. I can laugh about it now, but for the first two to three days or so, every street and every corner of the city looked very, very similar or exactly the same for my eyes. Oh, come to think of that, I was asked a direction by a young Caucasian man near my hotel along Prinsengracht. He said he had to return a bicycle, but he couldn't find the bicycle rental shop again. We looked at my map carefully and finally found out the street name of the bicycle rental shop. The shop was on the next street from we were. After we found out the street name on the map, he said okay, and asked me again "Where am I, then?"

No comments:

Post a Comment