Sunday, August 21, 2011

My bad

The photo shows a part of Golden Lane (czech: Zlatá ulička) in Prague, the Czech Republic. Golden Lane is famous for the former house of Franz Kafka. Yep, I went there to take a picture of the house, but actually I didn't know well about Kafka and the house where he lived for a year or so. I took a picture of a house on Golden Lane, but it wasn't Franz Kafka's house, actually. My bad. Later, I heard that Franz Kafka's house is kinda small and it's painted in blue. Well, apparently, I took a picture of a neighboring house of Franz Kafka's. This is what happens when I don't carry at least one guidebook in my bag. I don't mean to make an excuse, but I don't usually carry guidebooks when I take a stroll around, because books are big and sometimes heavy. So, generally, I just mark the location of must-see sights on a map and keep the paper in a pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment