Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cologne Cathedral

The photo shows Cologne Cathedral. It's a massive Roman Catholic cathedral in Cologne, Germany. Cologne Cathedral is known as the largest Gothic architecture hence this is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I've heard that it's almost 160 meters high. It was truly impressive, actually. I started the day from Frankfurt then headed to Heidelberg by coach to see the Heidelberg Castle. After the castle, I explored a little around Heidelberg Market Square. After that, the coach dropped by Bacharach (a.k.a. Bacharach am Rhein) and I had a nice lunch there. The Goulash with Farfalle looked very pretty, tasted like a heaven. After Bacharach, the coach headed to Cologne and finally I visited Cologne Cathedral. It was kinda long day, but I really enjoyed the scenic drive in beautiful Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment