Friday, July 16, 2010

Better late than never

This is another fried rice that I ordered in Vientiane, Laos and my favorite Beer Lao. Do you have any idea what the label says? It says Beer Lao in Laotian. Pretty simple, right? I'm no linguist, but I'd say Thai and Laotian are quite similar that's why I'm able to speak and read both of them. I must admit that all my languages are less than perfect. Even when I speak or write my mother tongue, I make a lot of mistakes, but still. I personally believe that my languages are functional in nearly every situations. If I had to guess, I'd say my only regret is English. I started to learn English officially from the end of October 2006; it about three to four years ago. It looks like too late, huh? Before that, I was not able to communicate with people in English. I'm hoping I'm OK now, and I noticed that better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment