Saturday, July 24, 2010

Different countries have different foods

When I was in Bhutan, I only ate Bhutanese cuisine. Never ordered continental breakfast or all-you-can-eat buffet or something like that. I went there to eat Bhutanese food like Ema datshi and red rice or something like that. I personally believe that Ema datshi and red rice are the staple foods in Bhutan. I think you can imagine what red rice is, but probably you are not able to understand what Ema datshi is. I'm no linguist, but Ema means chili, datshi means cheese. I've heard of it from a Bhutanese. So, Ema datshi is kind of like Bhutanese chili con queso, or I'd say Bhutanese cheesy curry, but they eat it with rice. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of Ema datshi, because I was overzealous to enjoy my dishes. So, the photo shows Bhutanese dry chilies. Bhutanese seemed to be thinking that chili isn't only a spice, but vegetable. I really love chilies. That's why I think Bhutan is a gastronomical paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment