Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ruwanwelisaya Stupa in Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka

I've visited Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka. It was about five to six hours drive from Negombo and this city is a UNESCO World heritage site. The photo shows the Ruwanwelisaya Stupa. This very beautiful big stupa is located in the middle of ancient town and white enough to make an impact. I think it symbolizes a big historical story of an epic battle, great king and his son. I visited there in a cloudy quiet day. There were not so many people in Anuradhapura, but I was able to understand why people want to visit or revisit there. Unfortunately, history is not my specialty, but I think I was able to understand why the area is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. I have some more pictures of Anuradhapura, so I will upload them some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment