Friday, May 23, 2014

I don't mean to eavesdrop

I took this photo in Amsterdam, Holland. I got a foggy view of the city with a canal at an unattractive time. After taking this photo, I made a rush for the Anne Frank House. I thought it was still early in the morning so I didn't have to wait in a line for a long time, but my prediction was completely off base. Before I reached the Anne Frank House, I could know where the Anne Frank House was. So many people were waiting in a line at a tourist mecca. With that, I had to wait in a line for more than half an hour. By the way, people in the line were from all over the world and so many languages were spoken. Two young guys who spoke English in American accent were waiting in the line right behind me. They were talking like everybody else. Maybe after a 15-minute wait, one of the guy complained that "I hate that many people speak English. I don't understand what they say, but they understand what I say." His friend replied "That's true." and they stopped talking. I've never thought about it before. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but their English was clear enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment