Friday, May 30, 2014

I'm a big fan of the Oyster card

I took this photo right above Charing Cross tube Station in London, England. Greater London has a convenient public transportation system commonly nicknamed the Tube. Also, there's an awesome electronic ticketing system named the Oyster card. One of the station staff of Charing Cross tube Station recommended I get the card and kindly helped me purchase it. The Oyster card is like a top-up card to take the Tube faster and much cheaper. It made my trip in London. On the day before the end of my journey, I went to a ticket office of Paddington tube Station and returned the Oyster card. The station staff asked me to show my passport. She also handed a piece of paper to me and asked to fill in a few blanks. I wrote down my name and contact details. With that, I got paid back for the deposit and some leftover I've topped up. I received 6.1 British pound in cash. I used up them till the end of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment