Friday, May 9, 2014

It's a high street that has a pub in it

I took this photo in Alton, Hampshire, England. I bought a Standard Off-peak Return ticket from a ticket vending machine at London Waterloo Station and caught a South West Train: the Alton Line. My train departed at 10:53 and then called at Surbiton, West Byfleet, Woking, Brookwood, Ash Vale, Aldershot, Farnham, Bentley and arrived in Alton at 12:10. Alton Railway Station was the last stop of my train. When I got out of the station, it was raining hard, but the rain stopped after a short time. The atmosphere of Alton was totally different from London. I'd rather stay there next time. By the way, I've heard a British saying that it's a poor street that has no pub in it. I took this photo on the high street, and the photo shows a pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment