Friday, August 27, 2010

Just like UNESCO World Heritage Site

Personally I believe this is the must see site of Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka; Rankot Vihara. The biggest Dagaba of Polonnaruwa. Many moons ago there was the capital of Sinhalese Kingdom and now Polonnaruwa is one of UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Sri Lanka. I went there after Anuradhapura before Sigiriya. Sri Lanka is famous for its beautiful beaches and some beach resorts have been attracting a lot of vacationers. On the other hand, there are several UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Like I said, I love beaches and I love sitting on a lounge chair or stuff like this and doing nothing. Actually, I don't know much about histories or ancient ruins or epic battles, but I was impressed to be there. I'd like to visit there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment