Monday, August 23, 2010

Stop to smell the roses in Chilaw, Sri Lanka

I've been to Chilaw twice. It's located on the West coat of Sri Lanka. In my humble opinion, Chilaw is not a common tourist trail, but has a calm quiet town, a nice market, and able to receive a low-key welcome from the locals. It's not in the same kind of atmospheres as metropolis, or like a popular beach resort, but it's rather favorable sometimes. Rice and Curry there had some dried chilies and small fish. That's interesting, because I ate Sri Lankan Rice and Curry countless times in several places in Sri Lanka, but I think I saw this kind of style only in Chilaw and it was extremely nice. I took this lunch at an oceanfront hotel's dining. My room had a balcony and I really liked sitting there and doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment