Thursday, August 12, 2010

A very spicy Tom Yum soup of Ko Samet

I've been to Ko Samet via Rayong in Thailand. Ko means island in Thai, so Ko Samet is an island and it's not too far from Bangkok or the international airport. Many foreign tourists love to go to Ko Phuket, Ko Chang or Ko Samui, so I'm not sure, but Ko Samet seemed to be considered a kinda off the beaten track or something like that for foreign vacationers. Instead, there were a lot of Thai vacationers on the island. I went into a Thai food place at night. There weren't English menus on the walls; probably they were preparing some paper menus in English, but I didn't ask them coz I speak Thai. Anyway, I took a Tom Yum Soup, a Thai Omelet, some plain rice and so on. The foods were amazingly nice. Hot, spicy and it was authentic I must admit. Even Thai locals who were sitting next to me said that the Tom Yum soup was very spicy. It set our mouth on fire. I really loved it and I was satisfied at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment