Saturday, August 28, 2010

Take me to an Isan food restaurant

The northeast religion of Thailand is called Isan (or sometimes it's spelled Isaan, Thai: อีสาน) and has my favorite kind of spicy food. We can find a lot of good Isan restaurant in Bangkok as well. The photo shows Green Papaya Salad, Spicy Minced Pork Salad, Grilled Chicken and their staple sticky rice. All of them are speciality of Isan. I took this photo at a good Isan place near Ratchadamnoen Muay Thai Stadium in Bangkok. Green Papaya Salad is called Som Tum (Thai: ส้มตำ), Spicy Minced Pork Salad is called Laab Moo (Thai: ลาบหมู), Grilled Chicken is called Kai Yang (Thai: ไก่ย่าง). Kai Yang is a very common street food, so I think we can find all over Thailand. Thai sticky rice is called Khao Neow (Thai: ข้าวเหนียว). Then now, what else I can jot it down. So, Isan food restaurant is called Ran Ahan Isan (Thai: ร้านอาหารอีสาน). I hope those words come in handy some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment