Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do you know how to get to blah-blah-blah?

Athens, Greece was a fascinating place to know the lay of the land. Like I said, I went to the Acropolis on the first day in Athens. The streets to get to the top of the Acropolis were a kind of complicated , but the acropolis was visible from many places in Athens, so I walked slowly with taking a lot of pictures. Half the fun was getting there. By the way, I often get asked for directions from totally strangers. I don't know why, but it happens all the time. I flew into Athens around 6:30 a.m., and this is my first time to Athens. I started to take a stroll around from my hotel, and soon I was asked a direction to get to Omonoia in a language that I don't understand. I could catch only Omonoia, so I gestured and said Omonoia station was down the street in English. I don't know I was able to help her or not, but it was around 8:30 a.m., just a couple of hours later of my arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment