Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Live up to the hype

I usually flew into Sri Lanka from Bangkok, Thailand around midnight, so I used to stay in Negombo for the first night because it's just hop, skip, and a jump away from the airport. The last time was different. I stayed in Colombo for the first two nights for a change of pace. Before my trip, I sent an e-mail to my hotel to ask if I could eat something after midnight at the hotel's dining. The response from the hotel sounded really confident about their around-the-clock restaurant and its taste. In a nutshell, they were definitely right. I took a breakfast and a dinner at the place, and I thought their Sri Lankan cuisine lived up to the hype. The photo shows the dinner; Sri Lankan rice and curry. It was so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment