Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm addicted to chilies

This is my favorite Thai food, fried rice chicken. I took this photo in Pattaya, Thailand. It was actually included breakfast at my hotel. I added some chilies on the side by myself. I bought some chilies at a supermarket and kept it in the fridge in my hotel room. I love something spicy, and chilies are addictive for me. Anyway, Thai styled fried rice is very tasty and one of the popular receipts in Thailand. It's called khao pad in Thai language. I'm gonna jot it down in Thai for your convenience.
• Fried rice chicken : ข้าวผัดไก่ (khao-pad-gai)
• If you'd like to take an fried egg as well : ข้าวผัดไก่ไข่ดาว (khao-pad-gai-khai-dao)
• If you are addicted to spicy food, you can say : เอาเผ็ด ๆ (ao-ped-ped), it means I'd like to eat spicy one.
I'm no linguist, but I think there are a lot of way to say "Not spicy enough!" or "Can I have more chili please?" or something like that, and เอาเผ็ด ๆ is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment