Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just chillin' on "the Strand"

In November, I was in Unawatuna, Sri Lanka to enjoy the beautiful island and Indian ocean. I've been to Unawatuna three times to veg out on the beach, or beach side restaurants, hotel's balcony, and such. The beach is about four to five hours drive from the Bandaranaike International Airport; it depends on Colombo's traffic and weather. Last time I went there by a tuk-tuk from Colombo in a sunny morning, and it took three hours and 10 minutes or so. Accommodations and eateries are spread out on the Yaddehimulla road (a.k.a. the Strand), or along the Matara road. Yaddehimmula road and the beach are hidden from the main road, and it's a kind of difficult to spot. My driver didn't know the road itself, so just after he passed the corner, I needed to ask him to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment