Sunday, December 12, 2010

First things first

I flew into Athens, Greece in the morning around 6:30. I was thinking of catching a cab to get to my hotel, but I found a Metro station in front of the airport, so I took a Metro to Monastiraki. When I got out of the station, I was able to see the stunning Acropolis above me on right. I didn't have a map, but my hotel was not difficult to spot. It was too early to check-in, so I asked a receptionist to keep my luggage. The receptionist asked me if I wanted a map. He hit the nail on the head. It was just awesome. Not only that, but on the map he jotted down an abundance of directions to get to Athens' must see sights. In addition, he added their business hours, costs, entrance locations, and so on. Also, he marked a couple of areas where I could find nice restaurants. How informative. I was ready to Rock'n Roll. First things first, I went to the Acropolis and this picture is Erechtheum from south. I was in awe of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment